Welcome to the University of New Mexico Faculty and Staff Employee
Assistance Program, also known as CARS – Counseling Assistance
and Referral Services.
Our mission is to promote a healthy work-life balance by providing on-site services to assist faculty and staff in identifying and resolving personal and professional concerns.
The CARS program is designed to offer a highly professional, confidential source of help for faculty and staff of UNM experiencing personal concerns, including but not limited to, emotional health, marital, family, financial, alcohol/other drug, and stress issues. The following direct services are provided:
- Individual and Couples Counseling
- Crisis Intervention
- Short-term Problem Resolution
- Training of Organization Leadership
- Supervisory Consultations with Organization Leadership
- Psychological Education
- Seminars and Workshops
- Departmental In-Service Training
Our vision is to achieve a civil, healthy and productive campus work environment by enhancing the quality of life for the UNM community and thereby all of New Mexico.
For more information about our department and our services please download & print our brochure from here.
Our goals are as follows:
1. Improve the behavioral health and well-being of all UNM Staff & Faculty.
2. Reduce the negative impact of personal and work-related problems of employees
3. Work closely with the CARS Advisory Board to serve our clientele.
4. Maintain good relations with labor and management employees.
5. Communicate that we at UNM care about its employees.
UNM Faculty And Staff Employee Assistance Program Advisory Board Members
Dr. Jean Civikly-Powell, Dr. Daniel Matthews, Lynn Ribble, Theresa Ramos, Mary Clark, Isela Sotelo, Elaine Phelps, Elisha Allen, Jonathan Bolton, Shirley Rey L Lovato, and Rebecca Gonzales.
We are proud to annouce that in the year 2008 we celebrated our 25th Anniversary!
For information in regards to our 25th Anniversary celebration events that where held please free to visit our
25th Anniversary web site.